donderdag, oktober 01, 2009

Recharching with cookies

Wednesday afternoon is the day that Dutch children do not go to school in the afternoon. So they want to have playdates. Yesterday somEthing in their voices and eyes told me they should recharge at home with mom. So I took two angry crying children to home and got them to fil my new cookie tin.


Doesn't it look deliciously christmassy?

We made two type of cookies from this book: koekje.

Both are made from puffpastry. First I made Arnhemse meisjes (Girls from Arnhem) since I am an Arnhems meisje. You cut half centimeter thick pastry into circles and then rol it into ovals in sugar the up and downside should be covered in sugar. Let rest for half an hour and then bake for 25 minutes on 175 degrees c .



I loved wienertjes when I made them myself but the proved a bit hard for the kids Believe it or not they didn't use enough sugar.



You cover your worksurface in powdered sugar put the pastry on and cover that in powdered sugar too. Roll the pastry into a very layer as thin as a newspaper page. When turning keep applying sugar. The take a fork and make holes all over the pastry . Cut the pastry in squares about 4 by 4 centimeters. We forgot the stabbing so did it after cutting.

Let rest for 1,5 hour and then bake for 5 to 10 minutes at 180 degrees c.

They wait till cool and eat! And for the angry crying part? They loved it and son even told me he really needed it to be just the three of us. See, moms know best..

Geen opmerkingen: