zaterdag, september 01, 2007

Fall

Today it is september and today my husband son and friend of son have been gathering chestnuts and hazelnuts. So it is fall.. Time for an autumnlist! Things I look forward too this fall:

1. morning fog however my appreciation might be less since my son rides his own bike too school now..

2 the sound of fallen leaves under my feet

3 searching for gnomes in the forest

4 the smell of autumn: earthy, spicy and lovely...

5 hot chocolate after you have been soaked on your bike. Get into dry clothes and underwear and then hot chocolate

6wearing woolen sweaters and my long brown wool coat.

7 sint maarten

8 spiderwebs jewelled with dewdrops

9 picking apples from our own tree

10 making am autumnshelf with my kids

11 have a leave fight in the forest

12 snuggle indoors, enjoying the fact that when it is dark outside you wont have to do anything

13 making my autumn wreath

14 eating lots of stamppot

15 making erwtensoep (that would be a first we've chickened out of that one often. The canned one is good my parents is superior)

16planning my sinterklaasbuys

17 making and eating comfortfoods. Autumn is the time for mushrooms and roast dinners and stews

18 crafting with the kids listening to the rain.

19 going to sleep when it rains.So comforting The getting up part I don't like.

20 Looking at the colours of the trees

21 chrysanthemums and dahlias and sunflowers all the hot colours!

22 this autumn holiday we want to have a campfire with the kids in the backgarden!

23 jota. A real fall event I miss emerging in ti for a whole weekend we will visit!

14 buying new warm clothes in earthy colours.

I guess fall is the season that appeals to my inner scout the most. I know it won't be as grand as I hoped but even with lots of rain it is still a great season... I can't name a favourite season though. I just love them all and the changes the most!

5 opmerkingen:

Levin (and Emily) zei

i love autumn too. here in adelaide it is a beautiful season as you can still get warm days but they are still, and clear - not windy like spring. i love the autumn leaves and the shorter days and how life become insular. i love your list. i too have chickened out of making pea soup, my mother's is superior too - just like all her soups.
l

elianne zei

als je het zo schrijft klinkt herfst goed. Heb alleen altijd ( en zeker dit jaar ') zo'n last van afscheid van de zomer.
Maar jou lijstje geeft weer een andere kijk op de dingen.

Yvonne zei

Thanks so much for the link you left on my blog. I laughed so loud reading the list of 20 things! You are totally on my wavelength, love autumn too. The R is back in the month and time to eat erwtensoep!!

corry zei

Bedankt voor je bezoekje aan mijn blog! Dat is een prima lijstje kan ik me wel in vinden. Ach ieder seizoen heeft zo z'n charmes!

Julie zei

sounds devine! just like a story book!