maandag, april 23, 2007

Rules

I think one of the reasons there is to the ‘long time in between posts’ is because there are no pictures or no good pictures. There are so many blogs out there that I adore that have the most perfect pictures everyday (taken in a clean house no less) that somewhere in my brain a rule appeared. One shall not post without pictures.

I am not a very visual person though. I love pictures, I love looking but words come first always. It is much more my natural environment. So I will end with lots of words that I don’t post because lack of pictures And then there are pictures and to much words or pictures and postst that don’t come together and then I give up because I can’t even follow the rules.

Never mind that the rule lives inside my head anyway. I do that a lot, make rules about how I should be and then feel sad and anxious for not being good enough. I am sure lots of you (ah trying to be optimistic here about who still reads this anyway) do this.

At the moment I am trying to sort out the rules in my head because pressure was getting the better of me and perhaps still is. Pressure put on me by me. That’s kind of stupid isn’t it? Yep that what my therapist said too (though she said it much nicer, I have a very nice therapists). So no promises today about scheduled planning. The plan now is bringing some joy back in my life and my blog. I like joy and I miss her! (If I happen to see her lurking around here somewhere I might even make a picture. No promises, just saying..)

1 opmerking:

hannah zei

try making the rules then breaking them!!! It always cheers me up to break the rules a little. And I am still enjoying reading your blog, we all have up times and down times, times when we need virtual prozac (that made me smile!!), its what makes us human, feeling like that and connecting with others, realising its not just us. :)