vrijdag, juli 07, 2006

laundryrituals and thrifting disappointment

disapointment is an euphemism here. It was a earthshattering heartbraking moment at the thriftstore. I walked in with my todler and we both immediately spotted this big lovely 6 rooms + attic dollhouse with a very 50-ish look.. And the moment I pulled girl in my arms to start running a lady walked towards it and put the sold sticker over the 5 euro pricetag. I wish I had never seen it. I swear I dreamed about it...

I comforted myself with a lovely vintage talcumpowdertin and a a jamstorageglass. I didn't kno what to do with botht until I came home and decided to tackle my laundry area. I 've recently decided to change my homemakeing efforts inside out. I am always inclined to make the public areas of my house presentable first and that drives the clutter into the areas where you can't have clutter the kitchen cabinets, the underthesarecupboard, the laundryroom (room is a big word!) Philosofy is that I want the utility area's of my life nice and welcoming so I actually don't mind going there.. So the laundry room needs paint but that wasn't going to happen but I made it prettier even so.. Look how nice the glass jar looks with my washingpowder.. I need another one (Why on earth did I bring one?)

This was defintely rituals inspired (But much cheaper).

Actually spellcheck wants to change thriftshop into therapeutic which is quite spot on I think..

4 opmerkingen:

autum zei

Sorry about your thrifting disappointment. I like your idea about decluttering your utility areas, it makes perfect sense. I hate going into my laundry room.

apprentice zei

aww bad luck on the doll's house, that was a near miss. I'm with you on clutter. I had blackbirds nesting in my potting shed as the window was broken. The birds have flown, so I fixed the window and cleared out the shed, got a lot of rubbish collected by the council and I can actually get in the door now. All my tools are hung up on the wall -it won't last lol!

Anoniem zei

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anoniem zei

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money