donderdag, juli 13, 2006

corner of my home: Hollyhocks


Quite a literal take on the corner thing. This is the coroner of my home covered in hollyhocks. I always find it one of the most exciting moments in my garden when they open up. Because they selfseed I 've no idea of the colours that will emerge. This year we hit the jackpot... Pink apricot hot pink yellow soft pink white. It's al there mixed perfectly.. There is also a vine producing lots pof fruit and a kiwi actually produicing a kiwi! (We have a cold seaclimate over here but this wall is almost southfaced!

Holly hocks in dutch are stokrozen that translates to stickroses...such a weird name..

2 opmerkingen:

Gina zei

How beautiful! I do like hollyhocks.

Mirre zei

Aaah, wat ziet dat er heerlijk Engels uit!!
Stokrozen staan op mijn tuin-verlanglijstje van volgend jaar :)))