woensdag, mei 17, 2006

Mise en place

Whenever my father cooks he goes on and on about the mise en place. This is vitally important. To me it's just making even more of a mess. Does this sounds familiar to any of you: My mom just cooks lovely meals. My father is a good cook but it is theatre when he gets in the kitchen.

He does love to cook with my son and has passed the bug to him for which I am grateful though. My brother is usually my ally when it comes to teasing my dad but with the mise en place I'm on my own. My brother is a waiter (well not really anymore he manages the whole bloody restaurant right now) and he had some chefs training so he does the preparation thing..

Yesterday I found that my dad might be right. I decided to quilt with red thread in the quilted purse because I tried to be daring with colour. It might have been a good Idea to check if I had 2 spools of that because I don't and now I can't go on..

Of course I will never tell dads he's right.

6 opmerkingen:

weirdbunny zei

oh dear that sounds like me!!!

weirdbunny zei

oh dear that sounds like me!!!

jojo* zei

I'm like that too--but guess what? I ran out of white thread WHITE! Who runs out of white?

Anoniem zei

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anoniem zei

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anoniem zei

I find some information here.